The Cornell Alumni Association introduced the CAA Cup In 2012 as a recognition to honor alumni groups and leaders for specific programs created in the name of Cornell. The recipient is determined by volunteer alumni leaders who attend the Cornell Alumni Leadership Conference, or CALC.
Now open for 2017 entries!
How to enter:
- Produce a 2-minute video or self-running PowerPoint highlighting a specific activity of which your group is particularly proud.
- Post the video or PowerPoint on your group's YouTube page.
- Complete this short entry form by April 3, 2017.
Some groups have found these tutorials helpful:
Voting and Awards Timeline
- A volunteer committee of peers determines the top 3 entries.
- Voting begins Monday, April 24, during National Volunteer Appreciation Week. The video or PowerPoint with the most votes wins.
- The recipient name is added to the cup, which is on display in the offices of Alumni Affairs and Development in Ithaca.
- The winner will be announced on Friday, April 28, during National Volunteer Appreciation Week.
Any Cornell alumni or parent volunteer organization—including regional clubs, classes, affinity groups, undergraduate and graduate school alumni boards, diversity groups, and CAAAN—is eligible to submit entries.
Videos can showcase any activities that your organization produces, including events, membership drives, recruitment videos, campaigns, etc. Please note that we’re not looking for an overview of what you’ve done through the year. Rather, tell us about one specific program that is unique and recognition-worthy. The program must have been executed between September 2015 and December 31, 2016.
Please share this information with members of your organization. We encourage all Cornell groups to submit entries!
For questions, please contact Carole Quealy in the Office of Volunteer Program.