Membership on PCCW is by invitation only, with a special emphasis on attracting alumnae not previously involved in Cornell alumni organizations.
- The process begins with a current PCCW or Cornell staff member nominating a prospective member. The PCCW Membership Committee reviews all nominations, which are then approved by the PCCW Steering Committee.
- Next, the nominees are presented to Cornell’s president, who approves the candidates and extends an invitation to become a member.
- Cornell alumna
- Achievement of significant leadership role in business, profession, or vocation
- Breadth of diversity afforded PCCW as an alumnae organization
- Willingness to express interest in and concern for Cornell, its constituents, and its public image
- Willingness to demonstrate commitment to strengthening the experience of women affiliated with Cornell—students, staff, faculty, alumnae, parents, and friends
- Willingness to become an active volunteer, beginning with responsibilities as a PCCW member
Prospective candidates must meet the following criteria:
In considering membership diversity, we aim to have approximately 80% of our members with limited or no prior experience in other alumni organizations, and 20% with active university experience.
To nominate someone for PCCW:
- Review the position description.
- Click on NOMINATE to make a nomination.
- Nominations will be accepted through November 2, 2016. Nominations received after the deadline will be held for the following year.
This is a confidential process; please do not advise the candidate of her nomination. If you have membership questions, please contact Karen Stewart, Chair of the Membership Committee, or Loreal Maguire, Director, Office of Volunteer Programs.