- How do I make my gift?
- Can I designate my gift to a specific part of Cornell?
- Can my company match my gift?
- Will my gift be eligible for tax credit?
- What is Cornell's tax ID number?
- Will my gift count toward my class?
- What is the difference between making a gift and paying class or club dues?
- When do the Cornell Annual Funds ask for support?
- It seems like Cornell has a lot of money already. Will my gift make a difference?
Can I designate my gift to a specific part of Cornell?
Gifts to the Cornell Annual Funds provide unrestricted support for Cornell, which allows the university to pursue opportunities as they arise. You can designate your gift to any of the following colleges and units listed here:
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Annual Fund
- College of Architecture, Art and Planning Annual Fund
- College of Arts and Sciences Annual Fund
- College of Computing and Information Science Annual Fund
- College of Engineering Annual Fund
- College of Human Ecology Annual Fund
- College of Industrial and Labor Relations Annual Fund
- Cornell Fund
- School of Hotel Administration Annual Fund
- Undergraduate Scholarships Annual Fund
Professional and Graduate Schools
- College of Veterinary Medicine Annual Fund
- Cornell Law School Annual Fund
- Cornell Tech Annual Fund
- Cornell Graduate School Annual Fund
- Johnson Graduate School of Management Annual Fund
Other University Areas
- Athletics and Physical Education Annual Fund
- Cornell University Library Annual Fund
- Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art Annual Fund
- Lab of Ornithology Annual Fund
- Plantations Annual Fund
- Student and Campus Life Annual Fund
Can my company match my gift?
If your employer offers a matching gift program you may be able to double or even triple your gift to Cornell!
Click here to see if your company matches charitable gifts or contact your Human Resources office. If so, your company can provide you with the form(s) you need to fill out and send to Cornell University, PO Box 25842, Lehigh Valley, PA 18003-9692.
Will my gift be eligible for tax credit?
Yes. Official receipts will be issued.
What is Cornell's tax ID number?
Cornell's tax ID number is 150532082.
Will my gift count toward my class?
All gifts made to Cornell will count toward your class' charitable totals. (There are sometimes special recognition efforts for Reunion-year campaigns, so please contact us if you would like more information about your class Reunion campaign effort.)
What is the difference between making a gift and paying class or club dues?
Giving a gift is different from paying class dues. Class dues enhance the alumni experience, while Annual Fund gifts enhance the student experience. The Office of Alumni Affairs relies on dues-paying alumni to help finance events and programs for classes each year. A year's subscription to the Cornell Magazine is also included in your class dues. Colleges and units rely on Annual Fund gifts to provide opportunities that will enhance our academic programs.
You can also pay your class dues here or by contacting the Alumni Affairs Office at 607.255.4850.
When do the Cornell Annual Funds ask for support?
All Cornell Annual Funds are unrestricted current use dollars that are raised to coincide with the university's fiscal year, which runs from July 1 to June 30.
It seems like Cornell has a lot of money already. Will my gift make a difference?
Yes. Unrestricted current use gifts to the Cornell Annual Funds provide the greatest flexibility for each college or program to meet its most pressing needs. Your gifts are a significant, and vital, source of support. Deans and directors spend $40 million in annual funds each year to meet critical priorities. It would take an additional $800 million in Cornell's endowment to fund that spending. And remember, 75 percent of unrestricted gifts to Cornell are $250 or less. Every gift does count!