A Council Ambassador...
- Shares the current university message at a Cornell volunteer event or meeting at least once during the fiscal year
Effective ambassadors are
- Informed representatives
- Enthusiastic advocates
- Empowered to share information
- Trained in their role
- Recognized for their efforts
- Conveyors of appropriate questions to appropriate university offices
Conveyors of feedback for continuing and improving alumni affairs programs
- Legal representatives of Cornell
- Authorized to make commitments on behalf of Cornell
- Creators of information about Cornell
Councill Ambassadors are not
Step 1: Enroll
View information on how to be an ambassador
for Cornell and use the link at the end of the document
Step 2: Name Tag
Complete the Name Tag Request to receive your permanent Cornell University Council name tag. Note: If you already have a Cornell University Council name tag, you do not have to complete another request.
Step 3: Share the MessageShare the University Message
Locate an opportunity, request a role, review the university message, and complete an evaluation.
Resources that support the role of a university ambassador.