Leaders in Service to Cornell
Cornell University Council helps ensure that the voices of alumni, parents, and friends play a meaningful role in Cornell's strategic direction. Council members are the first group of alumni the university turns to for needs like these:
- Responding to initiatives and program needs of faculty and administrators
- Serving as a leader in alumni organizations and financial support
- Serving as a Council Ambassador to alumni, parents, prospective and current students, and
- Hosting events
- Serving on task forces dedicated to specific issues
- Serving on non-council committees and advisory groups
- Lobbying the federal or state government
The council includes more than 450 elected members and over 270 life members. Trustees, trustees emeriti, and presidential councillors also serve as council members. Total membership is more than 900 alumni, parents, and friends.
Council members are ambassadors...
representing the university, sharing the vision for Cornell's future with its alumni, parents,
and friends. Please visit our Council Ambassadors page for information about the Council Ambassador role.