CAA wants to help volunteers attend the Cornell Alumni Leadership Conference, January 17-19 in Boston. If you're a leader with a CAA-affiliated organization and are eligible for a scholarship that will cover your registration fee.
To be considered for the scholarship, the CAA will ask you to agree to provide a post-CALC volunteer action report reflecting on your CALC experience and how you think it will help you in your Cornell volunteer role.
Things to keep in mind:
- Please apply for the scholarship before you register for CALC (registration opened December 4)
- Deadline to apply for a scholarship is Monday, December 16.
- You will be notified if you have received a scholarship by Monday, December 23. Included in that notice will be instructions on how to indicate your registration is covered.
- After CALC you will be given one month to submit a report outlining what you learned and how you'll be putting that learning into action.
- If you are a Class officer, your registration will be covered by your Class or CACO; please contact your Officers for that information.
To apply for a CAA-funded scholarship, fill out this brief two-minute application.
Thank you for your dedication and work on behalf of Cornell and your alumni organization! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Shane Dunn '07
CAA Director at Large/Scholarship Committee Chair
Important notice about the Cornell VISA Card!
Chase has notified Cornell that it is phasing out its affinity credit card programs, which means that it will no longer be offering Cornell affinity credit cards to our alumni. Note that many banks are exiting the once-booming affinity card business; this isn’t a reflection on us!Chase is in the process of notifying card holders that their accounts are being closed, and they are offering another Chase card product as a replacement.
Cornell has investigated several other companies that offer affinity card programs, but has decided not to pursue an arrangement with another card company at this time. We may enter a partnership with another bank in the future…stay tuned!
For the history and beneficiaries of the Cornell VISA Credit Card Program, click here.
Connecting All Cornellians
The Cornell Alumni Association is the umbrella organization for all alumni activities, and we represent all Cornell alumni. Our board comprises 65 members who represent all of the major alumni organizations, including:
- Cornell clubs
- College alumni associations
- Cornell Association of Class Officers
- Cornell University Council
- President's Council of Cornell Women
- Cornell Black Alumni Association
- Cornell Latino Alumni Association
- Cornell Asian Alumni Association
- Cornell University Gay and Lesbian Alumni Association
- The Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassador Nework advisory council
We work to encourage participation, identify and develop leaders, and recognize outstanding commitment and leadership. We also sponsor these engaging programs and benefits: